This delicious pineapple pie recipe only uses 5 ingredients, plus a prebaked pie shell, to create the easiest pineapple dessert you’ve ever had!
If you’ve been looking for an easy pie recipe that you can have ready in just a couple of hours, I have the recipe for you!
When it comes to fruit pies, this tasty pineapple pie is a family favorite.
The pineapple flavor and cool whip make for a delicious treat on a hot summer day. It’s light and cool and the tropical flavors make the perfect summertime dessert.
But we don’t reserve this recipe for just warm days! It also makes a great addition to our Thanksgiving dessert table (technically it still feels like summer at Thanksgiving where I’m from anyways).
The easy pineapple filling only needs 5 simple ingredients. Mix them together, pour in a prepared pie shell, and let it set in the fridge for a delicious dessert anytime of the year!
Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate this means I will earn a small commission if you choose to purchase through my links. This is at no extra cost to you! Read full disclosure here.
Ingredients for Easy Pineapple Pie
- 1 Large Can of Crushed Pineapple (20 oz)
- 1 Large Pack of Instant Vanilla Pudding (4.6 oz) – Make sure you get instant pudding, not the cook and serve. Your pie will not set if you get the wrong pudding.
- 8 oz Sour Cream – Don’t worry, it doesn’t taste “sour” at all. This just adds to the creamy texture of the pie.
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Cool Whip
- Baked Pie Shell
Easy Recipe for Pineapple Pie
Before you get started on the fruit filling, go ahead and bake your pie shell and allow it to cool slightly.
I opted for a frozen pie shell, but you can make yours from scratch if you prefer.
Now for the pineapple pie filling.
In a medium or large bowl, combine your canned pineapple (don’t drain the pineapple juice!), sugar, and pack of pudding. Stir to combine.
Next, add in the sour cream to the pineapple mixture. Stir it all together until the sour cream is nice and incorporated.
Pour the creamy pineapple pie filling into your prepared pie shell. Chill for an hour in the fridge.
After the hour, your filling should be set (if not, just let it continue to chill until set). Add your whipped topping to the top of the pineapple dessert and enjoy!
And that’s it! A simple dessert with very little prep time.
- Sour Cream – Plain Greek yogurt can be used in place of the sour cream in this recipe. Full fat or non-fat work well. You could also experiment with flavored greek yogurts, but I haven’t tried that yet!
Other Simple Recipes You May Enjoy
5 Ingredient Pineapple Pie with No Bake Filling
- 1 pie shell
- 4.6 oz box instant vanilla pudding large box
- 20 oz can of crushed pineapple
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- cool whip
- Start by baking your pie shell and allowing it to cool while you prepare the filling.
- In a medium/large bowl, mix together the crushed pineapple, instant pudding, and sugar.
- Stir in the sour cream until it is well combined.
- Pour the prepared pie filling into your pie shell. Chill in the fridge for an hour, or until set.
- Top with cool whip and enjoy!